If you are Chief Grand Parent In Charge of dropping off or picking up after school or you’re normally the after-school carer and the kids are in a Holiday Program most days of the holidays, now is the time!
You knew I was going to say that didn’t you? It’s true, I’m a fan…
If you’re anything like a lot of Grandparents, you’ll have all sorts of kid entertaining and maintaining gear all over your house.
Now you have a little bit of spare time on your hands, why not go through your house and decide what’s no longer needed?
- That bassinet that the latest baby has outgrown.
- The folding change table that hasn’t been used in a long time.
- The games and toys that aren’t being played with anymore.
- Crafty stuff that you thought might come in handy, but hasn’t been touched in ages.
- The nappy stash in the bathroom cupboard.
Are you keeping them just in case? Your eldest granddaughter is 18 you say? She’s bound to be having babies in the next oooh, ten years? Ok, they can be packed away into the attic and you can enjoy more space in your home for the ten or so years!
Or… you could donate them to someone in desperate need. Should you find you need these things in the following decades you could borrow them, or buy another set and donate them too when you no longer need them.
It’s all about prioritising your space, for you, in YOUR home.