Unmotivated? Need To Declutter?
Try these 4 motivating tricks:
Vision: Get excited! Create a vision for your space.
- Go crazy on Pintrest. Find images of organised spaces to inspire you.
- Save your favourite image to your phone wallpaper or make a vision board.
- Label it! – Mum’s Study on the spare (junk) room door.
Goals: Give yourself a feeling of purpose!
- Set goals for your space with realistic time frames. Put them in your calendar or diary.
- Write down your goals. Be specific about which space and why it’s important to you.
- Break it down. Schedule little chunks of time or choose small areas to declutter.
Support: Give yourself a feeling of determination!
- Just like an exercise buddy, a decluttering buddy makes things more fun.
- Tell EVERYONE what you’re trying to do AND why AND the timeframe.
- Enlist help from positive, supportive people in your life.
Know yourself: What do you need to do to make sure you follow through?
- Schedule an Op Shop drop off in your calendar?
- Put the donation box in a really annoying place so you’ll take it away.
- Perhaps you’d prefer to do a declutter binge over a long weekend?
Careful, or you’ll get addicted to decluttering!